Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Hey Californians

I like to drive across all of the bridges in the bay. They are all toll brides so have some small bills. Lombard street is a challenging little road to maneuver. I never have time to really tour anyplace, I do a lot of driving and you can make a little loop in the bay area to visit MSO's. I just take the scenic routes. Start at the Benicia Bridge, at Richmond, cross to Morin County, Muir Woods is on this side. Go West, then South again towards the Golden Gate Bridge, and cross that. Come into town (San Francisco) and eat lunch down at the wharf (grab some fish or chowder all fresco) while visiting a couple little museums. One is a submarine that you can check out. go north through the street of San Fransisco up towards Golden Gate park, and Lombard Street is there. It will take a couple minuets but drive down it, it's fun! Then go up to Haight and Ashbury and check out Amoeba Records...they have every record you can think of. There is also a cool little Indian restaurant I like there. They have pillows on the floor and a Hookah Bar where you drink this alcoholic beverage from a Hookah. I never tried it, want to (had to drive), but it has some pretty interesting dishes from India. You can drive back East across the city after, look at the Architecture of the buildings (I love it), but the houses are right up against each other. East of the Convention Center is the entrance to the Bay Bridge, with an exit to Treasure Island which is where I always used to end up before I new there are exits in the middle of the bride so pay attention! You will end up where you started pretty much, you can go back towards Richmond/Berkley (I don't recommend staying there though....Oakland is to the South, and I believe Vacaville is to the North....but am not sure. Thats my San Fransisco Route, hope something is of interest. I have lived in California all of my life and love every bit of it! San Fransisco also has this cool Seafood Restaurant called The Boat or Bath House....I cant remember. It is where the Bay meets the Sea. It is old, and used to be a place where they had large natural public baths in the 20's I think...Very pretty view of the Sea. It is a Romantic place to take a lady at sunset. Highway 17 to Santa Cruz and then through the Redwoods to get to the 5 is cool PM and I will give you directions.
This is CABL.com posting #177140. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUfg
Posted in reply to: Re: Hey Californians by 1FARMER
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Hey Californians cablenut2 10/13/2006 9:56:00 PM
Re: Hey Californians Against the Wind 10/13/2006 1:35:00 PM