Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: hook me up

in 1983 I was splicing in miami, fla 2 blocks down from the orange bowl, just off of 826 (little havana area). the first day there i was up in the bucket and some young hispanic boys came out and stole all of my weavers, (back then even weavers were copper before they went to brass) split bolts (also copper) and copper. i just thought it was an isolated incident. the second day i arrive at the site at 7:00am and start loading the bucket. there are some young hispanics watching me but i thought, know way are they going to rob my truck while i am in the air. wrong. third day i arrive at 7:00am start loading my truck and am in the air when the general super from byers, norm myers, comes by to make sure i am okay. now, i have to tell you here that norm had a stutter when he wasn't excited and when he got excited, well, you can imagine how he sounded. as he was looking up at the pole watching me work, and asking if all was alright, he all of a sudden started to stutter uncontrollably. w-w-w-w-w-w-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-a-a-a-a-a--t-t-t-t-t i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i--s-s-s-s-s-s-ss-s-, and at this point i said, norm, slow down and start over. w-w-w-h-h-h-a-a-a-a-t-t-t-t i-i-i-i-i-s-s-s-s-s t-t-t-t-t-t-t-h-h-h-h-h-t-t-t-t-t-h-h-h-h-h-a-a-a-a-a-t-t-t-t-t-?, and he is looking directly at my tool bag; which was hanging on the outside of my bucket. as i started pointing to tools he just kept shaking his head no. finally i pointed to a "tool" and he started to stutter again, "t-t-t-t-t-t-h-h-h-h-h-h-a-a-a-a-a-t-t-t-t-t-t? to which i promptly replied, "norm, that is a colt .45 gold cup that is loaded with 140 grain silvertip crosscut ammo. no sob hispanic will take anything off of this truck again! he got, literally, so excited he could not speak. his assisstant told me to at least put it inside of my tool bag so it wasn't visible to all. which i did. during this exchange of pleasantries between my super and i there was a group of hispanics watching from a few houses down on the same side of the street. i never did have anytrouble with theft after that day. just goes to show you the power of the stutter.

later, will tell you about 1982 when white cop shot black youngster in liberty city. not a good time to be white in a black ghetto, unless "u da cabl man" and can hook them up for free. then you got all the colt 45, big fatties and women you can handle. right, right big duck?
This is CABL.com posting #176973. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mUcz
Posted in reply to: hook me up by CANTRELL
There are 0 replies to this message