Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Iraq Explained

I agree completely.
A co-worker's son is stationed in Baghdad right now. He's out on patroll in Humvee #2, when Humvee #1 blows apart due to IED. 2 soldiers dead so far. Soldiers make the perimeter to secure the area. Here comes a car flying down the road and is no way going to stop. Our soldiers are supposed to put their hand out (as in "Halt, who goes there!"--what crap!). Then they pretend to caulk (sp?) the rifle, if vehicle still doesn't stop, they are to caulk the weapon, and then shoot if vehicle is still coming at them. Yeah right. Who's got that kind of time when you're 2 buddies were just blown apart, and others severely wounded? Anyway, screw policy, they just blasted at the car and killed the Iraqis. And guess what they found in the car???? A grenade launcher......But now an investigation ensues and troops have been practically demoted. sounds like a fine system...... WTF???
I am VERY proud of the troops. They are doing an awesome job in an unwinnable and totally F'd up situation that will NEVER get resolved.
I would gladly stop driving my car altogether if that meant the soldiers could leave IRAQ.......
This is CABL.com posting #176212. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mT0i
Posted in reply to: Re: Iraq Explained by Techee10
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Iraq Explained Techee10 9/26/2006 10:41:00 PM