Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: how cheap can the prices get???

Every 7-10 years is right on the money! You really seem to have an accurate perspective of the industry and it's relationship with it's contractors. Last time I made GOOD money was when we could bid on everything competitively but people didn't choose the low baller they chose the bid that made the most sense and was fairly priced for the work. That was during the TCI rebuilds in the mid nineties up in Northern California. Good times were had by all....work used to be fun when we didn't all feel like someone was trying to take advantage of us. I am glad to be asked for bids again in recent months. For a while we just signed the price sheet the MSO gave us...no negotiating allowed with that. Is it just me, or does it seem like the 7-10 year cycle is ending with a lean towards the old ways and bidding? Everyone is asking for proposals again, at least from me. I like that! It seems like a good way to weed out the hacks. You can tell if a contractor knows what they are doing by asking them to do a walkout and bid. At least I think so.(bigsmile)
This is CABL.com posting #176206. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mT0c
Posted in reply to: Re: how cheap can the prices get??? by 1FARMER
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: how cheap can the prices get??? sumahit 9/27/2006 10:56:00 PM
Re: how cheap can the prices get??? cablewolf214 9/26/2006 10:10:00 PM
Re: how cheap can the prices get??? gaffmatic 9/26/2006 7:55:00 PM