Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: how cheap can the prices get???

i don't sweep, but i do install.........i heard for 8 months how the next contract signing would compensate for the 3 dollar gas and inflation. and it was true......sort of. the mso got theri gas and copper paid for and the installers saw no increases, some non-changes and everything that actually changed went down $2-3 per line item. i went to satellite and after a month i got a $2 -2.5 price increase on the items that changed. I would love to go back to cable even with the 14 hour days if the prices could keep up, but i'm making equal cash and i'm home by 6 most days. i think that the dish guys might be right in saying that cable is dead although the fiber to home thing seems to be fizzling as far as video goes, so maybe it will all come full circle. i really wanted to get into splicing/sweeping, but if prices are going down for infrastructure AND installs I can't help but imagine it's an industry wide slow down that i don't want any part of.

that's just my two cents, but with the cost of inflation it's probably not worth very much.
This is CABL.com posting #176170. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTZC
Posted in reply to: how cheap can the prices get??? by cableho
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: how cheap can the prices get??? marcaccini 9/25/2006 9:45:00 PM