Create your free account now! Sign up

Retraction

A friend of mine sent me a message. He said, "Hey Vic, why the sudden hostility?" I had to sit back and think about it...

Hey ****! Long time no hear!

Hope you are doing well, I have a long story to tell... but let me get to that comment. Why the sudden hostility? Hell, I dunno... You know me, I have no true ill-will towards anyone - it just really frustrates me what I hear here in Tucson lately. My cousin is down here with the national guard and I guess while listening to him, I take on his view points a little. He tells me stories that stand out in my mind, but I know in my heart that is not the norm.

Matter of fact, I know a lot of illegal immigrants. Work with them all the time and have hired many to work on my own house. I have to say they make really good hands. But at the same time they really do put a burden on the cities here. The schools, hospitals, etc etc...

I cant knock anyone for wanting a better life for themselves and their families. It is true, if that were me there I would want to be here too. Truth be told, I can relate a little bit. My great grandpa came here from Russia - right through Ellis Island. I used to get picked on when I was young due to my heritage - the whole cold war thing, remember?

I apologize very deeply if I offended you and/or anyone else - I just didnt think before I posted that and really, now that I do think about it, wish I had never conveyed that thought to the public.

I feel I need to post this in response to my original comment - I would erase the original, but I don't believe in doing that. I believe if you are man enough to say something - you should not hide the fact you ever said it. I also feel a man should admit when he is wrong and try to make it up. Again, I am sorry to anyone I may have offended.

I guess my two cents have grown into a dollar now that I have had some time to think about it.

Vic
you need to have enough wisdom to keep from making the wrong decisions but enough courage to make the right ones
This is CABL.com posting #176081. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTYb
Posted in reply to: Re: Illegals, Get what you deserve. by Victor
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Retraction voices 9/23/2006 6:19:00 PM