Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Illegals, Get what you deserve.

uboatcmdr is right in one aspect: if any one of us were in the same position as illegals we would do exactly the same thing. many of us have. whether it was robbing, stealing, selling drugs, etc... to feed our families, that is what we did. any real man, or woman, would do whatever was necessary to provide for their families. even if it meant going to extremes; like border crossings or other means; as in this next case.

when i was locked up in a federal penitentiary in Marianna, Fl (was not listed as penitentiary on paper. but when all you have there are marielitos and rejects from every other federal prison that my friends is a penitentiary) i worked in the UNICOR factory with a little cuban named hector. in the 8 years i was in this penitentiary hector was released 3 times. shortly after i was sent there he got out, 30 days later he was back. 3 years later he was released, 30 days later he was back. 3 years later he was released, and, you guessed it, 30 days later he was back. why? because he could support his whole extended (pappi, mama, mother, father, wife, children, etc) on what he made in the factory every month. and they lived damned good in cuba because you could, by working overtime and achieving a top pay grade, make as much as 700/800 dollars a month. now, at that time you could only spend $125/mo in the commissary, $15/wk in stamps and $15/wk in change. So, if my math is correct hector could only spend $245/mo. minus that from 700 and he was sending 455/mo to cuba. now, you may be wondering about the 30 days, as i did after the second time, so i asked him. his answer, "i'm going out and get me some p@#$y and party". then he would steal another government car and come back. it was his version of vacation. harsh? yes. but hector had been locked up all his life in cuba. at least in the u.s. he could provide for his people. he volunteered to come over on the mariel boat lifts.

in my opinion, as long as we are a nation of prosperity, by impoverished nation's standards and not ours, there will always be illegals. why? because no matter how much we reform our immigration laws there will always be a certain percentage of those who will not have the means (monetary, political, personal connections) to achieve their goal of crossing legally. and, though, most of those crossing are law abiding persons doing the meaningless, mundane jobs we as americans won't, there will also be those who will continue the criminal life they had in their own coutries.

and have we forgotten, our just chose to overlook, the fact that we have rampant crime and a plethera of gangs in our own country that are committing heinous crimes; brutal beatings, murders, gang rapes. have we all forgotten the michigan 7? you know, the 7 guys that gang raped the girl on the pool table in a michigan city?

most illegals just want to work and make/have a better life for themselves and their families. can we blame them for that? how many times have we wished we could hit the big lottery? america is the big lottery for immigrants. i say, let those immigrants, legal or illegal, who choose to abide by our laws and earn an honest days wages be treated the same as you and i want to be treated. AND those who choose to committ crime be treated as harshly by our justice systems as any naturalized citizen.

just my thoughts and opinions.
This is CABL.com posting #176060. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTXQ
Posted in reply to: Illegals, Get what you deserve. by Clean Splice
There are 0 replies to this message