Create your free account now! Sign up

Mid 1950s product

Yes, I am a mid 1950s product and remember a wonderful world growing up, no latch key kids either, mom was home, we walked to school, got to watch TV for an hour before bedtime, and actually did family things and not expect a computer to entertain us so the parents could continue the work they didn't finish on the job...you left your job at your job. Somebody must have "rocked the boat" if we no longer have that wonderful security, etc. Although progress is a good thing, it is not always a kind one....everyone now is wrapped up in their own hectic pace....rush, rush, rush....Can't go anywhere without a cell phone, cos God forbid you might be out of touch. I am proud to say I don't HAVE a cell phone. When I leave the house, I'm on "my time" and if I can't go to lunch without having to answer a cell phone, then I shouldn't be there to begin with. Yeah, I'd love to have the lifestyle we had growing up back then....sorry for the lengthy post, but kids today and new-age parents have NO idea what it's all about any more. A great era gone by....kinda like "Gone With the Wind..." (wink)
This is CABL.com posting #175983. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTWB
Posted in reply to: Re: Impeach Bush over illegal aliens? by voices
There are 0 replies to this message