Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Craziest thing to happen while at an install?

I have had some crazies like all of us, but this one sticks out.

It was back in the day of PrimeStar and I was in my early 20's, young and eager to plant a pole, dig a trench, crawl under the house, and get r done.

I finished my route at 4 pm and it being a summer day with plenty of sun left, I called into the office and recieved a work order to do a 2 box install. I arrived at the house close to 5 o'clock. The customer greeted me wearing a white hazmat suit and wireless am/fm headphones on his had. As if the guys attire weren't weird enough, he kept referring to me as "beloved" which gave me the heebeegeebees.

The guy said he was diggin under his house for something which I can't recall, but he was definately doing some digging. Under some of the house I could have used a ladder, which other parts were normal crawl space. After I ran the cables into the house I approcahed the door to enter.

I started taking my boots off but he sternly told me to leave them on. I had red clay on them and he did not give a rats. While I was prepping the cables, the wife came home and she blew up on Mr Beloved and I left the area to clean up outside. I came back in and he was scrubbing the carpets and he didn't stop me from taking my boots off that time.

As I left the house, he wished me well on my way "beloved", still dressed in a white hazmat suit and headphones.

I haven't recieved any other work orders for Mr Beloved since.
This is CABL.com posting #175502. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTOQ
Posted in reply to: Re: Craziest thing to happen while at an install? by IslandCableDog
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Craziest thing to happen while at an install? nonresponder 9/14/2006 1:13:00 PM