Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Who do you call when Mexicans are working ille

I was trying to stay out of this, but sickle cell disease is a terrible thing to wish on someone. I met a young girl in the hospital with it when I was in for my back surgery (ladder accident). The nurses said it was like her second home there. She was a very sick young lady, and very sad. She would try to sneak into my room to cuddle me, she called me Mom. Her own Mom was a crack whore who abandoned her. I was the only person who ever gave her a hug or even listened to her. Everyone where she came from avoided her because of the disease. She was unloved and unwanted and in a lot of pain. The nurses would come in and try to kick her out, because I could barely move and they were afraid she was hurting me and bothering the other ladies. It did hurt to hug her, I didn't say a word. I shared the room with two old ladies, one black and the other Hispanic, we all got along very well. None of us could turn our backs on her. I put a sign on our door that said two drink minimum.....we had fun laughing and talking, sometimes having half a dozen other patients plus nurses hanging out in the room. I try to make the best out of bad situations. I would not wish that kind of suffering on my worst enemy....(if I had one)(angel)
This is CABL.com posting #175206. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTJ4
Posted in reply to: Re: Who do you call when Mexicans are working ille by IslandCableDog
There are 0 replies to this message