Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Being charged for work not paid for.

Anyone who thinks a UNION wil solve ANYTHING is a "fool" and a "baffoon". All unions are good at is taking your money ( see; government bureaucracy, same thing!!!! ). Show me ONE union member, other than the union higher-ups, who EVER got rich on union wages.
All I'm saying is, When you take into account all the modern sat/ cable expenses that the INSTALLER now incures. When you wipe it all away. McDonalds pay is not that far off. IF, IF ,IF You get in the right situation, then you MAY be able to make some money.
But apparently if you dare to say that, you somehow want a union or are apparently wanting people to be unemployed. So YOU are saying YOU are more than willing to do an extra 3-5 hrs work + materials for free. YOU ARE THE MAN.
If, in fact, there are 40 unemployed sat installers in Orlando, Fl. That's a choice THEY made, apparently there are other people out there who, besides myself, who don't see the point in working for "free". But apparently, YOU DO. And just for the record, I have made that same choice. But unlike YOU, I don't work for free. I have a family to feed and bills to pay. But apparently you have NIETHER, being as you are more than willing to buy materials AND install them for free. AGAIN, YOUR THE MAN!!!
As I have posted before, for MOST of the people in this business, They are REQUIRED to provide truck/van/suv, auto insurance, G/C insurance, ALL tools, ALL or MOST of the materials, digital camera, and sometimes a fax machine, and/ or computer to print out ( at the installers expense) paperwork. I don't think I even HAVE to mention fuel do I ? But THANK GOD we have supermen like you who will do it for free !!!!!!!!!!!
REMEMBER all those rates that are posted are BEFORE expenses. Which to many dumba$$es NEVER TAKE INTO ACCOUNT.
If you are a hard working/ tax paying/ dedicated person, I operate under the "delusion" that you should be paid for the work you do. But apparently, YOU believe that we should all just buy the materials and do the work for free.
Also, as I have posted before, I solved this problem by becoming my own dealer. I work for myself and by myself. But HEY!!! YOU seem to want to work for free. I could use you!!! Want to move to Central Texas??? At YOUR expense, of course!!!!!

Also, A union is a BAD and TERRIBLE idea. It WILL only make things worse. But at some point, you guys need to make a decision and do what's best for you and your family. But when you continue to work AT YOUR EXPENSE, without standing up for yourself, quit the whining and bend over and grab the ankles.
I hope you are smarter than that.

I love this business,( january of 2007 will make 12 years), and ONLY want whats best for us All.

BOL !!!!!!!

(wave)(wave)(wave)(wave)(wave)(wave)(wave)(wave)(wave)
This is CABL.com posting #175125. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTIL
Posted in reply to: Re: Being charged for work not paid for. by RadioMan
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Being charged for work not paid for. sdelnay 9/7/2006 12:30:00 PM