Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Any dawg cures for poison ivy ?

After 17 years straight of getting it bad out in the bush, here is what I have learned to do to deal with PI:

-Avoid it like the plague
-Get some prednisone, for me it works fast, and I would save the last dose just to have some ready for the next time.
-Pour bleach on the open wounds to dry it up faster, this burns like he!! (cry)
-Keep a stock of "TECHNU IVY CLEANSER", if you know you will or have got in it, then this product will kill the poison if applied within 4 hrs, WalMart, Walgreens, grocery stores, etc

Since we're on the subject, here's a crazy story from 4 yrs back:

I was working out in Ohio and was living with this crazy gal out ther I mean real psycho. One day on my way home I stop for gas and a refreshment and I find those fake SCRATCH off lottery tickets that say you've won $20,000. I buy one and a stack of real ones, get home and give them to the $ITCH. Well she did not like that joke at all so then some time later she takes my jeans inside out and runs them through the poison ivy then refolds them in my drawer. I could not figure out WHY I got this poison ivy so bad up and down my legs when I am always so careful. It was so bad I was laid up for almost 2 weeks and could hardly walk and just hating life, missed time and good money splicing cable, etc. I found out one night the truth of the matter. Just one more reason to get the hell out of town(mad)
-
This is CABL.com posting #174761. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTCT
Posted in reply to: Any dawg cures for poison ivy ? by bushmaster
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Any dawg cures for poison ivy ? x Greasemonkey 8/30/2006 11:28:00 AM