Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Installation of 2 322 Dish Receivers

the splitters do work well, but they do have a negative impact on the picture quality which makes me hesitant to us it as a solution on a very long cable run say 75 or 100 feet, an i have been on a few jobs where the splitters seemed to have gone bad in less than a year for no reason other than the configuration. as for the rf remote address, the receiver has to be in the system info screen to change the address, so i use remote one to get me to the system info screen and then you can change the rf address on that receiver without accidently changing it on the second tuner........i have also recently abandoned the practice of leaving the address at it's default even on a single dual tuner install since i've had problems with the neighbor's new dish install affecting my job several months later. one more sidenote on this....i've found that distance isn't really the major factor in the rf range........seems to vary WIDELY from house to house with older houses seeming to give me more problems than even giant two story houses going corner to corner upstairs to downstairs. i assume it's interference and building materials but i can't be sure.
This is CABL.com posting #174678. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTBy
Posted in reply to: Re: Installation of 2 322 Dish Receivers by rficken00
There are 0 replies to this message