Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: W/C

I was watching a talk show on CSPAN and this thread came to my mind. Viewers called into the show to express the concerns of the average American. Most of the calls were from people expressing their concerns about illegals coming into and lowering the standards in the American workplace.

There were 2 very interesting calls. 1 from an electrician in Mi, and another from a worker in Nc. Both were out of work, and both complained that if you drive by any job site you can see companies using mostly illegals. They made the point that as American workers with standards its nearly impossible for the American worker to compete with these illegals. The companies are not paying medical, w/c or making FICA contributions. The companies get cheap labor and create a workplace with low standards that most Americans wont work in.

I thought of this thread because it seems many of us are willing to work with-out W/C or med ins. Working without w/c is very risky for yourself and your family. It is something that should be taken very seriously. We all know we have to do unpleasant things at times to put food on the table. But just try not to make it the industry standard that cable/sat guys get w/c waivers and work with-out med insurance. If the corps can point to guys who have one of the more dangerous jobs in America and can say "their industry has a high percentage of LEGAL AMERICAN CITIZENS workers without w/c ins." It will be very easy for them to end the laws requiring companies to provide w/c for American workers, and therefore officially lowering the standards another notch for American workers. The logic will be if a guy working on a utility pole doesn't need it, why would a CSSR need it.

Dont help the illegals and the crooked companies who use them lower the standards for American workers. W/C waivers are not the best option. Demanding a better rate is the best option.

You're Americans!! START ACTING LIKE IT! Americans want progress. Dont we??

This is CABL.com posting #174662. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTBi
Posted in reply to: Re: W/C by FNG1
There are 0 replies to this message