Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Chopping Block

Well, I have read the most recent posts and am reminded once again, why it is that I like this site. The guys and gals that post here ask the most important questions about life, of which I have often pondered in my life.

First let's try and understand each other. I do not have all the answers. Life is not so simple and is quite hard to describe because of the apparent incomprehensibility of it all but physicists would tell you that life appears to be comprehensible, depending on our degree of knowledge of the universe.

Now let's understand each other, that what I am about to say may offend some but it is not my intention, I have come to know certain things in my life threw experience that has helped me to live a more peaceful way.

I know that GOD exists based wholly on faith. The ability to believe in things unseen can have a profound effect in ones life. Thru this frame of mind all things are possible. Faith opens secret doorways which provides us with the opportunity to know GOD as the great creator, the greatest of all beings.

Having said that, I have read and continue to read the bible. It is the book of my religion, the book that I often refer to as the good book, because it has over time provided me with such insight. Because of the nature of the book and the long history of the translations by many peoples, in many languages, I must recognize areas of conflict within its pages as due in part to this phenomenon. After reflection, the teachings do make sense to me and that is what matters in my life.

As for aliens and the apparent visits to this planet, why not , why is that so hard for some to believe.

As for the war, we must, as a people, be willing to ensure that our way of life be preserved for posterity even if we have to slaughter Muslims by the bushel. I believe these people to be extremely dangerous and liken them to a cancer that has to be removed. Either they refrain from such destructive behavior or face annihilation. We can only have peace on this earth when men come to realize the waste and futility of war. Until that time comes we must be ever vigilant in our efforts to proved for the establishment of that peace.

With all this in mind I reverently try each day to show compassion for my fellow man and live in peace with the people around me. For I have HOPE that what one day man will come to realize that GOD has provided us all with the ability to understand and thru this knowledge we as a people can know peace.

I am but a simple man in a complex world trying to provide for my family the way many a men do, thru hard work and love. The greatest being love. If only man could understand the power of love and how it can change the way we live our lives there could be a true and lasting peace.

My head is on the chopping block, do what you must.

You must BE the change you wish to see in the world
This is CABL.com posting #174306. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTvy
Posted in reply to: Chopping Block by deleted
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Chopping Block cabl trash 8/20/2006 11:15:00 AM