Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Bucket Truck Scams on Ebay

This happens ALOT with all sorts of high dollar items, equipment, diamonds, quads, vehicles, etc. On big purchases I always insist to drive and view the item and pick it up in person.
Alot of scammers are operating overseas tying to send fake checks and stolen CC #'s. They try to send you a fake money order for an amount higher than expected then want you to send the cash or paypal them the difference.
I sold an assist setup last year and then 2 months later I saw MY ad for the same assist listed from a guy in HI. He copied and pasted my ad, text and pictures trying to get someone to pay him for it. I had him shut down.
I don't think Ebay made this story puplic but a guy in OH went 10 years with a spotless rating then listed countless rare baseball cards which didn't exist...within a couple weeks he made off with over $100,000 before ebay, paypal, or the feds could catch him, and then he left the country.
Guys be careful, I always do my ebay search's by the nearest first so I can go see what I am buying first. If the seller refuses to let you see or pick up the item in person then something is fishy.
On a positive note I have paid pennies on the dollar and found jaw dropping deals on all of the above mentioned things.
Good luck(beerchug)
This is CABL.com posting #174020. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTqW
Posted in reply to: Bucket Truck Scams on Ebay by deleted
There are 0 replies to this message