Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: George Walker Bush jr

I agree with you. We should tap the oil supplies we have. Here in so IL, we're finally going to put in 2 new coal mines, one of which will have a power plant on-site and use some of the newest, cleanest-burning technologies available. Of course, there has been plenty of opposition, starting with environmentalists and those who want the power company to bury the lines instead of going overhead. Once it moves to the building and operational phases, the opposition will probably come from the UMWA since it most likely will be run by well-paid non-union workers. Trust me, this area needs the influx of money, union or not. My point was that the price of oil, in my most humble opinion, isn't a classic supply-and-demand problem that many people will lead you to believe. Even weeks after Katrina and Rita, we had a higher supply of crude than during the same period a year before. We're nowhere near running out of oil or gasoline. But without regulation firms can buy up huge amounts of crude and gasoline supplies and hold them from the market until they get the price they want. Here's my other question for the group: How can the Dept of Energy come out with their weekly supply data and say that crude supplies fell 1.1 million barrels, and a couple hours later the American Petroleum Institute comes out and says supplies rose by 5 million barrels?
This is CABL.com posting #173937. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTpB
Posted in reply to: Re: George Walker Bush jr by x Greasemonkey
There are 0 replies to this message