Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: In Memory Of John F. Kennedy

God ain't that the truth, you know when I think back about my childhood I can't think of one time that I DIDN'T deserve a good ass kicking for, my father was a commercial fisherman and when we screwed up that man had his belt out and was on us in seconds, we were taught to respect our elders, taught to open doors, Yes Mam, No Sir, and thank you were the law, and I don't care what anyone says an ass kickin leaves a lasting impression, an ass chewing is some thing to laugh about once you leave the room and I have no scars, I am not haunted from anything in my past, I love my father and after raising 3 boys know exactly what the guy went through, god almighty, I can't think of how I would have turned out if I'd thought for a second I could actually get away with that sh*t, can you say hard time? We lived in the best of days, I pity the children these days, you know, (and this may stir up the pot) last year I hooked up with this guy concerning hay to bank my home for winter, he turned out to be a college professor well we got to talking about the state of our society and he said something that really hit home, he stated that he had yet to meet anyone under 40 that had the slightest clue of what this country was based on, they have no values, no back bone, it's just a big race to get the nicest car, home etc. This generation was brought up knowing they could get away with anything they wanted as long as they cried loud enough, you see it in all walks of life and I for one am glad I was brought up looking over my shoulder, I thank my father for instilling values through the likelihood of retribution, thank you Dad, you made me a better man.
it's easyer to ask for forgiveness than permission
This is CABL.com posting #173912. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTpc
Posted in reply to: Re: In Memory Of John F. Kennedy by MickyJ
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: In Memory Of John F. Kennedy danimal 8/13/2006 9:52:00 AM