Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: George Walker Bush jr

I don't think it's going to matter who the president is. The price of gas goes way beyond that. I am by no means a big Bush supporter but I feel like the gas situation will change very little if any at all no matter who the president is. The amount of tax we pay on gas is over a dollar a gallon. It is and has always been a huge money maker for any state as well as federal govs. The amount of tax paid is one way to give us some break in price but it won't happen. The gov is just as greedy as the big oil companies.

For any big change to happen with the price of gas I feel like our government needs find a way to keep the big oil companies from making record profits that equal billions of dollars every quarter. But how do you do that in a capitalist society? It's their right to chose how much they want to charge for a gallon of gas and as long as everyone pays it they have no reason or desire to do anything different. I feel like that even if oil went down to $50 a barrel we would still be paying over $2 a gallon for gas. We have already proven to them that we will pay it. As long as the demand is there for the product at a certain price there is no reason in the world for any company to change that price as long as it's profitable to them. This goes for any company, not just oil companies.

Some new refineries would be nice. I think if their ability to produce gas had the potential to increase through new refineries here in the U.S. then maybe we would see some relief at the pump. I don't claim to be an expert or someone who has studied this situation like some kind of road scholar. Just a dude that does cable for a living but this is just my lil ole opinion on it.

As far as the war goes that's a whole different story. I do think the pres has alot to do with that. Whoever becomes the next pres will have his battle to fight as well. If he/she(I guess anything is possible LOL) call all the troops home from Iraq something else will happen and it will be the same thing. Another war in some country that has nothing to offer the USA other than oil. I feel like this will be a problem from now untill the end of time. The one thing that I wish the USA gov would realize is that 99.9% percent of the people they govern could care less whether or not some piss ant little country was liberated. If the people of that country want to become a democracy then they should rise up as people and make it happen. I'm so sick of our gov thinking that it's our countries job to make it happen. However I am not stupid enough to think that is why they do what they do. There are alway alterior motives when the US goes to "liberate" somewhere. Enough for now...peace out folks. (snipper)
This is CABL.com posting #173813. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTnB
Posted in reply to: Re: George Walker Bush jr by mblafreniere
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: George Walker Bush jr JerseyCableGuy 8/13/2006 12:19:00 AM
Re: George Walker Bush jr deleted 8/12/2006 5:03:00 PM