Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: contractor or employee: where's the line?

You care to explain that a little further. All Im saying is that companies in this business should obey the law. Are you gonna tell me that thats too much to ask. Workers in this industry leave our families to travel, we work in dangerous condition, and more. Youre gonna tell me its asking to much, and that its a bad thing to expect companies to obey the law.

Let me ask you flat out. Since you say my examples would make this a bad bad place, do you think having an industry full of companies who ignore the law is better than having companies who would obey the law?

Do you feel these companies who ignore the are more quality people than companies who do obey the law?

If your answers are yes, then I understand your comment.

Ignore employment laws, lowering wages, evade taxes. Good in your book.

Expecting companies to be responsible employers, and obey the law and observe workers rights. Bad in your book

I think I see where youre comming from. I just dont understand whats wrong with expecting companies to stop using an illegal business model. If we were a bunch of illegals I could understand the attitude of "just go with the program". But we're Americans with rights. Should we really be accepting this? We surely dont have to.

<handing out whistles>
This is CABL.com posting #173605. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTkf
Posted in reply to: Re: contractor or employee: where's the line? by mt30ys
There are 0 replies to this message