Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: No Compete Agreement

I only remember one incodent when the subject came up. I was pulling fiber in Baltimore city for MCI. The contractor started having trouble w/ cash flow and my first kid was due soon. I was a paranoid soon to be dad and was not taking chances so I started looking. I hooked up w/ a guy who wanted to teach me headend work but had a contract w/ the same company that we worked for. Well the threats took place when I gave my two weeks and I shrugged em off. I told the guy I would do my best to find someone to fill my hooks for him. He got stupid for a bit and I called a lawyer to see what my rights are. It turns out slavery was abolished some years back and its against the law to effectively hold a person to a job that he doesnt want anymore.
He wrote a letter to the company and that was that. The same guy sent about $100 worth of toys to the house for our newborn.
bottom line in my opinion is people's basic needs have to be filled and when they are there is usually no problem. But it is the basics that count. I see the need for no compete clauses and understand why a contractor wants them. I just don't sighn them.
Theres alot of things I don't do anymore like drive across the country for a promise or believe that the check bounced becouse the contractor was "changing banks".
I guese Dad was right, w/ age comes some wisdom.
This is CABL.com posting #173533. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTi5
Posted in reply to: Re: No Compete Agreement by Splicer Life 4me
There are 0 replies to this message