Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Headend wiring

Most Cox systems and Rogers have some of the best headends I have ever been in. And square bundling is the best thing since sliced bread. There is no issue with tracing wires through square bundles because that are straight and square like a circuit in a neat bundle if completed properly so the second cable on the third layer on one end is the second cable on the third layer on the other end and they are also tagged with location id's like this.

12.6.3.1 TO 1.2.2.1

12th row. 6th cabinet. Third piece of equipment 1st connection. TO row. 1 second rack. Second piece of equipment first connection.

You tag both ends so you know where the cable go's to and from.

When setting up a headend allot of planning of rack space and routing needs to be considered so that the entire headend is neat and clean. We usually run the wiring in the trays in this order. Video, Audio, Q tone and other. Fiber is always in its own management system.

As far as who is the best there are a few good company’s out there but I think we are one of the best. I have been doing headend work for the last 15 years of my cable career and square bundling and cable lacing are the best things I have seen to happen to wiring.

This is CABL.com posting #173472. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTh6
Posted in reply to: Headend wiring by dejo4340
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Headend wiring Splicer Life 4me 8/6/2006 1:15:00 PM