Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Where have the prices gone?

South with Mexicans.. It’s not the MSO's fault, their just laughing all the way to the bank because they know most of us apparently never took a math class in our lives.

I've been working in this industry since 1979 and seeing prices equal to or lower than 1979. So I hope I don't hear from you people that say quit whining. I not whining I’m telling the truth and you’re the ones that have caused this problem.

It comical to watch all these MSO's and contractors on this site that want standby subcontractors for the next Hurricane, Let me see $120.00 per hour plus perdeum da'. Most mechanics shops make that and don’t need to leave home to do it. They haven't even pay for a bucket truck yet. Most the time I even think this means per grew. I think there should be a contest on this website to name a new category for anyone not listing their prices.

CATV INDUSTRY DEFINITIONS:

MSO GM’s or construction supervisors= A person that you'd think is using there personal money for upgrades or maintenance. Has little or no loyalty because of part one of this sentence.

Contractor= Person with a pickup and house or lives in a motel with 2 or more people to a room.

Subcontractor = Person with a pickup and tent or lives in a motel with 3 or more people to a room.

So you see, I never got in this field to make a just a livable wage, heck I can do that by being a greeter at W-Mart at least they have benefits.

What ever happened to the biding process (there is none), which I think is the biggest problem of all? Well I guess I'll leave that to another day. I'm going golfing to lose money and a least have fun do it!
This is CABL.com posting #173371. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mTgt
Posted in reply to: Re: Where have the prices gone? by barkdog
There are 0 replies to this message