Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Dish Network wireless system

Hootie Hoot, that is the biggest steaming pile of *&%* I have heard on this board since I joined. Let's take it one at a time.

First "you rely to much on what you can get out of life instead of what you can give to the people in your lives". The people who I consider are in my life are the mainstay, my family and friends. The companies come and go, but family and friends stick around.

Now the next point should be read by many a Corporate upper management (TD), "If one works soley for the accumulation of wealth be prepared to fail. Life will give you what you want as long as other people can benifit from your wants, just be careful what you desire for desire is the cause of our suffering."
Most techs here are trying to maintain there families quality of life. There aren't many tech's I know of who are accumulating wealth, like Trump. In other words, a tech gross's up to 50k annually.

Now the next statement is a laughable at best. "You have within yourselves the power to change the world in which you live simply by changing the way you think. If one wants to be involved in the satellite industry or any industry for that matter, emerse yourself in it, let it become you and you will succeed."

So, if I change the way I look at poverty for example, I could be King of the freekin World! Gimme a break! If you emmerse youself in this industry or any other and let you job become your life, YOU WILL BURN OUT.

Maybe I missed your point, but with the current trends of huge corporate profits and the little guys getting squeezed at every turn, your statements feel like misdirected rhetoric.

This is CABL.com posting #172940. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mS9w
Posted in reply to: Re: Dish Network wireless system by hootie hoot
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Dish Network wireless system jennyf 7/30/2006 12:33:00 AM
Re: Dish Network wireless system hootie hoot 7/29/2006 1:23:00 PM