Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Hey Trey.....another GREAT example

I see where youre coming from. But you always have the option of not reading the threads. I didnt start this one, nor have I started any of the other union threads. This just seems to popular topic, I guess. It just keeps comming up. Maybe its time to maybe give this topic its own forum.

As for me looking to change things, Im not. At least not with these conversations on the bar. I hope to be a part of the change by trying to educate and get rid of the many many myths on the topic. But thats about all I try to do on the bar.

I want to see change. But education is needed first, IMO. Why else wold a group of workers, who are illegaly classified as contractors, be so shocked that their employers are now starting to use illegal alliens. These same companies have used illegal "Americans"(employees classified as contractors) for the past couple of years to save movey. Now they are using illegal alliens to save even more money. Suprised? Im not. But the people who have been believing these companies, that say "we got your back" and "we respect you", seem to be in a state of shock. The only reason I can think of that they would be shocked is due to not being properly informed on what exactly has been going down over the years.

Maybe if we were informed how comapnies are cheating us out of money by mis-classifying us, and not doing us a favor, we would have seen all this comming and done something to stop it. Maybe we didnt know that completing $2500 worth of work in a week and getting paid $1200 for is not a smart deal. Maybe if things like this were discussed more in the past, the companies would not have been able to screw us so bad now. Hell, right now they even have us being the proudest group in the business, when theres very little to be proud of. We're mis-classified, under paid workers being replaced by illegals. Where the pride is in that, I have no idea. But apparently the suits somehow sell this as a source of pride to many of us.

You ever notice how people on both sides of the topic only want whats fair. They have us at each other throats, but our message is the same. We only want whats fair. But what action is being taken by suits. They are constantly looking for ways to drop the value of our work. Is that fair? I guess it depends on who you talk to. But all I know is while we bicker, they just keep lowering the standards and tell us we should be proud of it.

This is CABL.com posting #172548. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mS3c
Posted in reply to: Re: Hey Trey.....another GREAT example by Hybrid.PC
There are 0 replies to this message