Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: too many contractors in CFL

I was a sub for many ,many years yes, some of the things you speak of are true but also as a sub you are asked to be incorporated(which cost money) also you pay commercial auto rates(which costs more money)you also have to pay liability insurance ($$$) I studied it very close before I made the switch.By the time you pay your taxes and everything else you and your family cannot afford benefits. Be honest we all know most every sub does not have health insurance, dental and 401k.The price any MSO pays anywhere in the nation is at least 25% lower than 10 years ago. Most employee based companies (at least it seems to me ) offer what most sub companies cannot ,stability and accountability for thier employees payroll.I could mention a handful of companies, just like i'm sure you can too, that still owe myself and many others. My company did not come to cfl to compete with anyone. We came here because we were asked to. And business is business . I guess in closing ,the sub vs employee debate is just a individual choice . And will never be solved in this forum. You do seem to be well informed on many issues and raise many valid points.
This is CABL.com posting #172408. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mS0W
Posted in reply to: Re: too many contractors in CFL by kablegod
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: too many contractors in CFL kablegod 7/25/2006 11:33:00 AM