Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: contractor or employee: where's the line?

How is a company supposed hire subcontractors if they can't designate work or deadlines? The cable companies dictate to the primes when and where to be so does that make the prime contractors employees of the cable co's? I'm not in the install business but when I sub on the big FTTH projects I'm givin a work order and a deadline for it, if it's not done I'm not getting another one (that's part of the luxury of being a sub, you can jump from system to system, take better money if it comes and not have to worry about violating contracts etc)...My guys will willingly give up breaks and lunch when we're under a crunch to get things done because they know when it's slow I'll still pay them while we're playing basketball in the warehouse. Every now and then I get a guy who spends more time reading the employee handbook than he does instruction manuals for the equipment. You kind of sound like one those guys.....certified in everything, capable of very little.
I'm not looking to start an arguement and I sincerely hope you don't even bother replying to this but I've read sooooo many of your posts ...... anyway.
This is CABL.com posting #172150. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSWM
Posted in reply to: Re: contractor or employee: where's the line? by Trey9007
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: contractor or employee: where's the line? Trey9007 7/18/2006 10:11:00 PM
Re: contractor or employee: where's the line? Trey9007 7/18/2006 10:01:00 PM