Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: They win I`m out of here.

Sorry if my reply came out rough, I wasn't slamming your career decision. I just wanted to make sure that you entered into this decision after considering some of the cons of the trucking industry. I've known lots of truckers, and things aren't all as great as they seem. The amount of time spent in a sedentary posture can wreak havoc on one's health, specifically their weight. There is mental stress that comes with extended time away from family, divorce rates that are higher, and also the stress of dealing with highways filled mostly with people who aren't qualified to push a bicycle, let alone drive a car.

The wages have dipped down, especially when considering purchasing power of the wages earned. Many companies try to get you to falsify logs, drive beyond legal time limits, etc. The cost of diesel fuel has risen significantly with the price of crude. Another thing to consider is that the law requires ultra-low sulphur diesel, which costs more because more refinement of the oil is necessary.

I wish you luck no matter which career path you take. As I said before, I hope this decision has been reached after careful consideration.
This is CABL.com posting #171552. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSM8
Posted in reply to: Re: They win I`m out of here. by x Greasemonkey
There are 0 replies to this message