Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: too many contractors in CFL

To be fair, groupware didn't say anything about MCSE, I did.

I agree with most of what you said and if you re-read my post, you'll see what I a doing to change my corner of this biz.

I'm a small fry in the business; I only have a couple hundred techs but have been in the biz since 1988, starting as a "helper" and progressing to drop buries, installations and finally construction.

I've decided that I'm not going to do business the "same old way" its been done for the last 18 years that I've experienced. That's just my stand.

I will not take work that doesn't meet our proforma; I'm not going to settle for anything less than complete professionalism in all of my dealings. I expect my managers to be professionals as well as the techs that run in the field.

It is a work in progress to be sure, but I'm tired of being a common street walker in this business; I don't delude myself into thinking I'm not a cable whore because we all are. I'm just not going to be a "hooker on the point" when there are other "whores" ( electrical, phone, MIS...etc) that demand 1500.00 per date rates and get them.

I love this business and I love the fast paced life it provides but I'm drawing the line.

There ARE MSOs that pay top rates but they might require a move. There ARE top contracting companies, but again....they might require a move.

My question to anyone reading this is are you WILLING to MOVE to get the respect that you deserve or are you going to continue to stroll "the point"?
This is CABL.com posting #171449. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSLt
Posted in reply to: Re: too many contractors in CFL by TDD1
There are 0 replies to this message