Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Dish Network HD Question

"When installing a VIP 211 for Dish Network, do you have to use a dish 1000 to get HD programming? Is there another way to do it if the customer already has two dish 500's instlalled?

Also, what is the model number of the HD receiver dish offers that is a dual tuner? Can I use diplexers on each end or does that mess with the HD functionality?"

The Dish 1000 will pick up programming from 119, 110, and 129. Since you are in Jasper, the settings will be El 36 and sk 129, az 232 or thereabouts. The actual location of 129 is 30 degrees el and 240 az for your area. If you use an inclinometer, check the second set of settings to make sure you have clear LOS.

I understand that you can also get the HD Gold package at 61.5, but the Atlanta HDs won't be there. So, if you have no LOS for 129, you might offer them the 61.5 but make sure they know that there are no Atlanta HDs there. You might want to confirm with DiSH that 61.5 has HD Gold since I have not used it and can't 100% say it is there.

You could potentially treat the second 500 as a 300 and put a DP dual on it and point either 129 using the second settings I gave or point at 61.5. (I don't know 61.5's setting off hand because I haven't pointed there in a loooong time.

The dual-tuner HD DVR is the model 622. The second tuner output is NOT HD.

You can use diplexers on ALL DiSH receivers, just make sure not to place them between the separator and the receiver. Were you a DirecTV tech recently?
This is CABL.com posting #171356. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSJY
Posted in reply to: Dish Network HD Question by andrewbyrd
There are 0 replies to this message