Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Something to consider

So which is it dude, dope or dog food? Which are you on. I have not figured out if you are dumb or just playing dumb to make a point. Unionfacts.com does have factual information, but they are half truths. The guy is paid millions to make certain orgs look there worse. Lets say I hit you, and you hit me back. I hire a Berman type for som PR support about the incident. He does things like," dudesat hit Trey." But he will leave out the part that "Trey first hit DudeSat." Understand now? His info would be factual, but very misleading.

Your post that made me look into this is a pure example of what these people are about. They are about lowering the standard of American Workers, not just union workers.

Union workers make up only 9% of the workforce. But, why do you think so much money goes into smear campaigns against a group this small? Ill tell you. Things like prevailing wage, OT laws and other issues ARE NOT union issues, they are worker issues. Taking away prevailing wage and OT mostly hurts the non-union workers of America which is about 90% of American workers. Wages and OT are bargained for in union workers contracts. Having prevailing wage, OT and other things cut by the government would have little, if any, effect on the 10% of workers who are union and have contracts regarding these issues. It would have a HUGE effect on the 90% of American workers who have no collective bargaining agreement. So by silencing the only voice of workers that only represents 10% of all workers, you now have cleared the way for those who want to keep wages low. Starting to get the picture?

Unions are the only large group looking to protect the minnimum rights that all workers have. The goal of unionfacts.com and its supporters is smear the reputation of unions. Not so that workers wont join them, but so that workers will begin to think that if unions are for something, the worker would be wise to be against it. So when corps begin to ask for the end, or weakening, of things like prevailing wage laws, like they did for Katrina contracts, and the unions begin to balk. The workers will in the end support the end of things like prevailing wage laws and OT laws, by not joining the cause to stop the push to end it. In our country, sometimes you support something when you dont stand up against it.

If you are one who feels unions are bad, do something to try to make them better. If you feel unions are good, do something to make them better. The scariest thing in the world for these Berman types, is for workers to realize that the right to form unions is the only right workers have for efforts of gaining better wages and working conditions. They dont want you to realize CWA, IBEW, and IBT dont have the sole use of the word or purpose of unionizing. When they begin to hear people say things like its time for workers to start fixing what ever is wrong with organized labor they will panic. As long as they have workers like you, all is good in Corp America. Prevailing wage, health care, OT, and other things that have set American workers apart from 3rd world nations will be a thing of the past.

This is CABL.com posting #171326. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSJu
Posted in reply to: Re: Something to consider by DudeSat
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Something to consider warrenrf 7/5/2006 8:18:00 PM