Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: 60/40 Pay to Sub no truck/tools/insur. Fair?

Well all know that guys will always complain and by any means I'm not trying to be a cable pimp just simply want to be fair, and get a return on my investment (trucks/tools etc.) I can appreciate a good honest worker but it seems like nowadays the good ones have been taken or have been robbed, screwed over and don't care to stick around and wait to see if your going to do what you said you would. As we all know this year has been very slow in reguards to work. Timing and having the right contacts is a key thing in addition to having the ability to give quality work in order to survive in this business. I looking to take a different approach and start hiring lineman/slicers as employees and pay out less since I'm always paying for hotel, gas, and cash advances upfront whether it is a payroll deduction or not (I still have the burden). Alot of people are spoiled and want everything up front and still want the biggest piece of the pie which you know doesn't work. Do you think that 60/40 after retainage from invoice fair ? After all you never know if your going to ever get that 10% so why not just go off the total paid to me not what I might get in a year.
This is CABL.com posting #171236. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSH2
Posted in reply to: Re: 60/40 Pay to Sub no truck/tools/insur. Fair? by sdelnay
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: 60/40 Pay to Sub no truck/tools/insur. Fair? Joejoe6257 8/18/2006 8:57:00 PM