Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Something to consider

As one of the techs fired from the Florence office for trying to unionize, I have to say I agree that unionizing would help stabilize things to an extent, as long as the techs stick together and are willing to take the retaliation the company is going to inflict on them for voting the union in. I heard that the company fired the office manager in Gadsden for allowing the union to get it's foot in the door. I also hear that a number of techs (who were pro-union) from Gadsden have either been fired or were pressured into quiting. Unionizing will only work if the techs hold together and hang tough, otherwise your just painting a target on your back for old Herb to take aim at.
The quality of the new techs at Bruister leave a lot to be desired and as a result the work they do is substandard and reflecting on the company as a whole. As long as they keep cutting wages the quality of the workforce and the work performed will continue to decline.
One thing Herb and his gang in the head office just don't get is that they are the ones who are driving the techs to unionize. Everytime they mess with the pay structure they are putting the idea of unionizing in the employees' minds. Someone else (I don't recall who) said it best, it was something like, "Whenever Bruister makes these big changes, they might as well just hand the employees a blue card (requesting the right to hold a union vote) at the same time."
This is CABL.com posting #170869. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSB7
Posted in reply to: Something to consider by NINEFINGERS
There are 0 replies to this message