Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: A Comcast Technician Sleeping on my Couch

Hopefully this will shine some light on the horrendous working conditions that Installation Technicians have to deal with on a daily basis. Customer's take out there problems with the Cable Company on the technician, because the technician is the frontman of the industry.

I do not condone the behavior of this technician. Like I posted on the Customer's Blog: http://www.snakesonablog.com/2006/06/20/snakes-on-comcast-internet-connection/
"my only issue with this technician is that he is sitting on the customer's furniture." That is absolutely, positively one thing that a true professional should not do. As for sleeping, improper, I can understand. I have been out on service calls late at night and back out again at 8:00 am the next morning. Add in 100 degree temps, the apparent lack of working AC in that sh*t hole apartment, and a 45 minute hold time to Comcast NOC; fatigue is inevitable.

Comcast fired this guy for PR only, unfairly. I am sure internally there were no changes made to NOC hold times, reducing late calls (5-8's), streamlining the provisioning process, or anything else to assist the technicians. Instead Comcast ensured the tech was "black balled" and swept the issue under the rug, never to be dealt with again. Jaye Gamble should step up, be a man, and do what is right, that's giving this guy his job back and fix his internal issues. I'll be sending him a nice email letting him know what I think.
This is CABL.com posting #170825. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSBp
Posted in reply to: A Comcast Technician Sleeping on my Couch by bushmaster
There is 1 reply to this message