Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Another Shop Votes Yes!

Yes DTV schedules the jobs. But they look to the HSP to see what the HSPs show available. They also dont tell the HSP which tech must take the job, and they dont route every load for every HSP tech, and DTV doesnt tell the HSP how many techs they can use. You know very well theres a big diiference between the DTV/HSP relationship and the HSP/Contractor relationship.

I do very little sat installs now-a-days. American Satellite has no control over my scheduling. Never have. Up to about 1.5 yrs ago, this type of thing was not a big issue in sat. Everybody used prosite and showed the companies their availabilty and the companies scheduled the customers according to that. Then came the big box dealers and DTVs push to go to HSPs. Then control became an issue.

It is very important HSPs get into compliance. DTV is the largest platform provider, and there goal is to have all installs go through the HSP. This represents a large amount of work in the sat business. This is why it is important to make sure HSP/Contractor relationships are real. The contractor itself may not get in trouble. IN the fedex ruling, the prime contractor did not get in trouble, but they could not collect on the court awarded money to the so-called subs. The same could hold true for HSPs except, they are clearly the one controlling the contractors and not DTV. The techs are calling HSP dispatchers, and HSPs are routing the jobs and assigning the tech #s, not DTV.

The unstable worklaod is a valid reason for using contractors. I think contractors are more than happy to take on this task for you. But theres a right and a wrong way to do it, right now things are being done the wrong way IMO. To me this illegal business practice is a big reason we have seen all the drops in rates, just like cable. The courts will be the one to decide. Good Luck!
This is CABL.com posting #170451. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSvn
Posted in reply to: Re: Another Shop Votes Yes! by SatSouth
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Another Shop Votes Yes! SatSouth 6/19/2006 1:42:00 PM