Create your free account now! Sign up

Television Advertisment by USTelecom

I was watching TV yesterday....and saw an ad regarding legislation to allow Telco's to compete with CATV MSO's. The legislation has already been approved as we know, but, at the end of the spot, it said tell your State Legislater that you want cable TV to for free?????? I was flabbergasted!!!! What is that all about? I swear to GOD almighty, they said FREE!!!! This was in California, I believe KTLA played the spot during the morning news, but dont quote me, because I was not really watching, just listening. They have a bunch of ads that talk about similar things, but the word FREE, is only in this ad, and at the very end of the ad, as the last words. In print it said paid for by USTelecom. I have seen Verizon and AT&T video products, and they are pretty nice, but I am sure they are not FREE, and neither could CATV possibly be force some sort of law to make CATV free. Maybe they mean off air? I know in some areas you can just plug in your TV and get LA stations free on CH 2-13, but in other areas such as where I live you cant, you have to pay the CATV company to get them because the signal is not strong enough. What gives?
This is CABL.com posting #170126. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSp8
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Television Advertisment by USTelecom rg11 6/16/2006 12:38:00 PM
Re: Television Advertisement by USTelecom oldschoolgal 6/14/2006 4:18:00 PM