Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Union?

I understand how you might view this as good for the employees of ATT, but this needs to be view from a lot of different perspectives, not just that of the employees. What about the company that provides the jobs? Maybe they need the cost savings to make them financially stronger so they will be able to continue to provide jobs in the future. What about the customer? Holding down cost could enable the company to be more competitive.

It also appears that, in a sense, the governor of Virginia virtually blackmailed the company into reversing its decision to move it's call center. When government has the power to coerce companies to operate as the government wants them to, I fear that we will begin to see the beginning of the end of our free enterprise system. At that point the government might as well run it all. We've seen the results of that in other countries. It's not pretty and I don't think that is what most Americans want.

I'm sure the governor picked up some votes in the process, either for himself or his party.
This is CABL.com posting #169936. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSm4
Posted in reply to: Re: Union? by Trey9007
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Union? SatSouth 6/11/2006 2:49:00 PM