Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: how is it going

So...you think you need somebody to hold your hand eh!? If more contractors whether they be 1099 or employee 1099 or just plain clock punchers, commissioned, company vehicle provided, "Oh boy, this is where the big money's at!" installer, splicer, technitian, construction dog, ect.... no matter what level of pay they think they should be getting payed, would play by the rules that were layed out years ago before the cut-throat contractor came along and gave the money man a look at how desperate idiots can be just to make a measely little check, so they can go back to the campground they came from and brag to all thier pizza pushing pals, "I'm the man! I made $500 bucks last week!"
Before all that garbage ever exhisted...You knew how to take care of yourself!
If you really think you need a union then your not as smart as you can be.
Are you positively sure ... you wanna throw away good money on your chump change check, just to benefit very little of what a union has to offer? Your "Old School" fathers are probably the ones who put the idea in your head... arent they!?
The bottom line is that thier rules dont apply to todays environment. That was then, this is now!
We here in the T.V. const. industry dont have to abide by "Union Guidelines" when it comes to making the money. No 15 minuete saftey meetings every day, no calling an ambulance for a friggin' sliver and no giving your money to another fat bunghole who's running the scam your paying in for!
Oh yes grasshopper... I could go on in text forever, but I'm gonna let you figure it out for yourself.
If you gonna complain, then you dont like who you work for. If you think you know it all, then you havent kept your mouth shut long enough and eyes open long enough. I'll bet you dont know to many reputable names from coast to coast, do ya!?
Its just speculation but I'd probably not be to far off the mark if I were to say you dont pay attention to the economy nationwide. You dont know why your job is such a screw in the behind job at times and you probably dont understand who or why the "T.V." industry is soooo hard on your boss and you as a grunt!?
All ya gotta know is bring home the money you get, save your little butt off and find something for the future you can actually make a career at, like opening your own buisness.
In my expirience, the only people wanting a union in the "T.V." field are the ones that dont understand they are completly disposable. (Like a diaper.)
You'll never have a union in your lifetime. people dont like paying for gas @ $3.00 a gallon what makes you think thier gonna pay for your precious job at a higher rate than they already pay for what they get on "T.V."?
This is CABL.com posting #169833. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSlp
Posted in reply to: how is it going by bigtima
There are 0 replies to this message