Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Line Identification

this may seem extensive, but follow me here...the field folks will love it too......from the unit......take it to a (for lack of a better word) patch panel - F81's with short shields on the back. On the front - a jumper of Mini Coax - bundled 8, 10, 12 or 16. you can use a short shield on the F81 and run them to the tap. The cable is bundled, but each drop is numbered (embedded on the jacket)..1-10, 1-12, however big the bundle is. Short shield the tap....You'll have the cleanest Lockbox in the System. The Mini connectors can now be made with strippers and a comp tool, one piece, no hassles. The Mini Cable - Its being used in almost every headend around. The cable coming out of the units....use a paint pen or train the field....#1 in the bundle is the lowest numbered unit and so on. I have used a paint pen to mark the drops coming out of the units 1 to 1, 2 to 2, etc..Label your panel...The panel keeps the backside tamper resistent, the short shields keep the front side clean and the Mini keeps the twits from trying to cut their own connectors........maybe excessive...but it looks professional and it does work.

Also - Look at your box.....there are some good ones out there now. I use two makers that I have the system beat with a hammer and crow bar....sure, they can be opened....but it takes sweat and 15 minutes.

Another request put upon me - Status Monitoring just like the Power Supplies - box gets opened, you get paged.....

Or like we do down chonder - A can of mace, a string strategically placed....pooof...it will happen once.

Later
This is CABL.com posting #169759. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSkd
Posted in reply to: Line Identification by shov76
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Line Identification subterracommtech 6/8/2006 4:21:00 PM