Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: wavetech stealth meter, help?

Come on guys. This is not rocket science!!!!!!!!!!!! It is just a cable meter after all. Not much more than opening up a cpu. Just a different kind of screwdriver. (Torx drivers #8 & #10 to be exact).

PM me with your phone number. There are many things that do not need to be fixed at the factory and several that are no harder than adding a nic card to a cpu. And if it is not an easy fix many places are cheaper than the manufacturer. Well auctually anybody is cheaper. Way cheaper! I had an 8591C that HP Wanted to charge me over 5K for and I got it fixed for under a grand. Talk about paying for the name! The manufacturers are ALL way too proud of their work of you ask me. Jeez!!!!!!!! The number is 1-866-ACTERNA then hit 2 then 2. It is the same number even though they are now called JDSU. .... You may want to be sitting or laying down when you call them. LOL

BTW- They are right about the price if it goes to JDSU. 500 and up to pull your meter out of the box you send it in. They are lazy and pricey to say the least. They seldom fix a board yet replace it for a higher than reasonable fee. I know this too well firsthand. They should be your last choice unless you just like to spend money for no reason. I hope this helps more than a few guys to check around before going straight to the manu. PM me if you need a certified repair lab. I can tell you who to use and who not to even consider depending on.
This is CABL.com posting #169638. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSig
Posted in reply to: wavetech stealth meter, help? by samtron2
There are 0 replies to this message