Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: One last blow to POV techs

barnburner wrote:
"Uboat, I know you have hard feelings toward Bruister and that's fine. But if you are going to rant, at least use factual information."

Hey BB, you ol' snake, see you crawled out from under your rock. Last time I heard anything from you was what 4 days before I got fired for trying to organize a union at Bruister and 5 days after the Gadsden office did vote the union in, how are you liking that? I hear the union vote is coming up again in Nashville, better alert Herb's pal Jim Baker & his boys, they might need to send you guys for some anti-union re-edumication. I notice that you and SatSouth only come around when there is a stir in Bruister about unionizing, here to crush the rebelion? Have fun. Oh, and I did use factual information, I was there, remember?

"First, it was not Bruister's nor any other HSP's idea to bring in the COV's. You know that"

The idea might not have been Bruister's (I doubt anyone in Bruister's management has ever had an original idea other than ol' Herb, could be why the paperwork changed every other month), but then I never said they originated the idea did I? It may very well have originated with another HSP, so I wouldn't say it was not. I do know for a fact that when it was raised that the concept of COV's & hourly wages had been tried and abandoned by another HSP one of Bruister's execs said to a crowd of 40+ techs (of which i was one), "We looked at that and feel that this will work for us and thought we would try it". Don't sound like anyone made Bruister do it to me.

"And why anyone thinks this company loves to cut wages is beyond me."

I never said you love to cut wages, your putting words in my mouth. But I do know that Bruister will cut the wages of the techs before the execs and managers take any cuts.

"You have to be able to compete for employees with other industries in the same region."

Which industry are trying to compete with? Seem from the pay rates Bruister is willing to pay that your trying to compete with the fast food industry. Even if you were trying to compete with manufacturing wages you can't compare this type of work to that of a factory worker.

"You can't compete by cutting wages."

Duh. Then why are you cutting the POV piece rate tech to much lower hourly rates?

"We have in fact raise our wages, but you aren't interested that."

You might have raised the HOURLY rate a few cents, but by switching the POV piece rate techs to hourly they ARE taking a pay CUT.

"And the POV's at Bruister have never taken a pay cut."

They took a cut in the amount of work they got when the COV's got preference for jobs and routing. The company tried to make more unprofitable for the piece rate tech to encourage them to take the COV's. Once those were filled everything leveled back out, until now.

"The insurance you spoke so highly of is also not $130 a week. It's a whopping $1.50 for a single employee."

The insurance you PROVIDE to the employees is insurance that was designed to be used in conjunction with a medical savings account, not as stand alone insurance, but you never tell the employees that do you. The same insurance through one of the major airlines (of which my wife is an employee) costs a whopping $5 per month for the employees and $50 per month for a family of 4.

"Yes this terrible company pays just about the entire cost of a single persons insurance. The entire family is $90."

That's $90 per WEEK for the employee and spouse, add in a couple of kids and dental and the price jumps to $130. per WEEK.

"While the $2500 deductible is correct, the evil empire pays $2000 of that for the employee."

Well then I will just send this stack of unpaid medical bills I have had sitting on my desk for over a year to the Evil Empire and lets see you put your money where your mouth is. Like that would ever happen. I talked with the company and the insurance people and got NO WHERE. The benefits you provide are chit and you know it.

"Like I said, I know you hate Bruister and that's fine."

I don't hate Bruister, I just don't like being lied too. I especially don't like being told I am being done a favor as the boss tries to bend me over and ram his tiny pr*ck into me.

"Every company has faults. We are no different."

You said a mouthful there brother.

"You have a right say what you like, but let's keep the facts straight."

I have been keeping to the facts, I was there.

I have one question for you, same one I put to SatSouth, let's see if your a man of your own whose got a pair or just another of Herb's hired winnies.
Do you feel that Bruister has treated it's employees fairly & equally?

This is CABL.com posting #169599. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mShD
Posted in reply to: Re: One last blow to POV techs by barnburner
There are 0 replies to this message