Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cheap labor

Cablemon wrote:
"The phrase "cheap labor" is a myth, a farce, and a lie. There is no such thing as "cheap labor.""

I would disagree, the illegals are cheap labor for the employers.

"Take, for example, an illegal Mexican who sneaks in here with his wife and five children. He takes a job for five or six dollars an hour. At that wage with six dependents he pays no income tax, yet at the end of the year gets an "earned income credit" of up to $3,200 free."

In order for them to qualify for that credit they would have to actually have a legitimate social security number (not only for themselves but also for the dependents they are claiming) and actually file a tax return. Not many illegals file returns under their fake SS#'s

"He qualifies for Section 8 housing and subsidized rent, food stamps, and free (no deductible, no co-pay) health care. His children get free breakfasts and lunches at school, and require bi-lingual teachers and books that taxpayers provide."

Some illegals sneak through and get these freebies you mention, but not as many as you'd think. As for bi-lingual teachers and text books, they are not really needed, if you put a child (who only speaks Spanish) in an all English speaking class he/she will learn English on their own while playing and inneracting with the other children. Trust me I know this for a fact as my grandson who came here from Colombia only knew four words in English, "hello", "goodbye", "yes" and "no". He was speaking English within the first two months of being in an all English speaking school. At first he was a little behind the other kids, but know a year later he is one of the top students in his class.

"He doesn't have to worry about car insurance, life insurance, or homeowners insurance. Taxpayers provide Spanish language signs, bulletins, and printed material."

If he does own a home (other than a old run down trailer) that he is still paying for then he does pay home owners insurance. If his car is paid for then I would agree that he most likely doesn't have auto insurance. But, if he has a car which is being financed by a financial institution (not an individual or one of those $500 down $100 a week rip off car dealers) then he is usually required to carry insurance on the car or the loan company will charge him extra for providing it.

"He cannot be fired, harassed, or sued. He and his family receive the equivalent of $20 to $30 an hour in benefits, while working Americans are lucky to have $5 or $6 an hour left after paying their bills and his, and paying for increased crime, graffiti, and trash cleanup."

Anyone can be fired or sued, harassment is someone no one has to put up with regardless of their status. $20-$30 PER HOUR in benefits??? Where are you coming up with that figure? Did you just pull that figure out of your hat or do you have something to back it up? Crime, graffiti and trash cleanup increases every year when they let OUR kids our of school for summer vaccation (take for instance the 56 cars that have had their windows shot out with bb guns within one small nearby community within the first two weeks of school being let out for the summer). So, it's not just an issue of illegals raising the cost of services in our communities.

"Cheap labor? My a__ !"

Well if you say so.

I'm all for plugging the holes in our southern border and stopping the inbound flow of illegals. Until we get control of that there is no use in putting great effort into rounding up the ones that are already here. Once the holes are plugged then take a look at who is here and how long they have been here and how established they have become in the community, then determine if they should be allowed to stay or if they should be thrown back over the border.
This is CABL.com posting #169335. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSdn
Posted in reply to: Cheap labor by Cablemon
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Cheap labor Gwester843 6/2/2006 5:00:00 PM