Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Worth sharing

mt30ys said:
"y'all have it all wrong let me ask you , do like the price of gas?"

So you're saying the war is mainly about oil?

"do you like your freedom?"

My freedoms have not been infringed by the Iraqi's.

"do you like eating steak whenever you want?"

I like steak, but how is fighting in Iraq going to reduce the price of steak so I can afford more of it?

"simply do you like your lifestyle?"

Life is good.

"I do and I like to keep it that way and I DONT want to pay a lot for gas"

Again, are you saying the war is all about the oil? If that is the case then I guess we should just go on over to Venezuela, yank that commie Chaves out of office and start fighting with anyone who resists. Who else has some gas we can go grab? I know it's not all about oil, if it were we wouldn't be paying nearly $3 per gallon for gas while we are in control of a large oil producing country such as Iraq. But oil or not, the reasons given for going over there just aren't good enough to justify the cost to our nation (lifes and money).

"so if you ask me it doesn't matter whether some guy says theres weapons or not besides the fact that those people came into our backyard for no justified reason and murdered thousands of people should be enough reason to defend ourselves."

Bin Laden's boy attacked the US, not the Iraqi's, Sure, Saddam did a lot of saber rattling, but he, as we now know, was just taking out his a$$. Sure he should have been removed from power for what he did to his own people, but if they weren't willing to rise up and fight against him then what makes it our duty to do that for them?

"Dont knock a president that wants to maintain your way of life by kicking some ass of people whose religion is so sideways they murder for it."

So you feel we shouldn't knock Bush for wanting to maintain things as they are but yet you feel justified in knocking any one who would like to unionize the cable & satellite business in order to maintain things the way they are and not be forced to work for less and life a lifestyle any lower that what they are currently living.

"We need more like Bush"

And we need more like Trey who give us facts about the unions instead of the usual anti-union BS spouted by people such as yourself.

I do agree with some of what you said. Fighting for freedom is a good thing and we as a people should stand up for what is right in this world, but we also should pick and choose our battles wisely. Iraq is not where our fight should have been, Iran or Korea maybe, but Iraq posed no threat to our freedoms in the US.
This is CABL.com posting #169315. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSc3
Posted in reply to: Re: Worth sharing by mt30ys
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Worth sharing mt30ys 6/1/2006 4:38:00 PM
Re: Worth sharing Gwester843 6/1/2006 1:03:00 PM