Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: i was wondering

Piece rate = being paid by the install, for Directv HSP I used to work for the piece rates were $60 for base install (dish & one outlet), $25 each additional outlet, $40 for a single outlet upgrade, DVR upgrade, HD upgrade or dish upgrade and $25 for a service call. Most often piece rate techs use their own vehicles, tools and some have to purchase all their own small parts (which may include coax, connectors, clips, multiswitches, etc.).

Many HSP's in the past couple of years have been bringing in company owned vehicles (COV's) and hiring unexperienced techs, giving them minimal training, then sending them out to man these COV at low hourly rates (sometimes as low as $9 or $10 per hour). The new trend the HSP's are trying out is converting the piece rate-POV (personally owned vehicle) techs to the same low hourly pay of the COV techs and paying them a mileage fee. The result is that the techs who were able to make $300+ per day (gross, depending on the number of installs & outlets per install) using their own vehicle are now limited to about $125 per day (gross hourly rate + average estimated mileage).
So whereas it was once possible to make anywhere between $1000 to $2000 per week the HSP's are trying to bring that down to a max of $500 to $600 per week.
This is CABL.com posting #169309. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mScX
Posted in reply to: i was wondering by rossco
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: i was wondering rossco 6/1/2006 9:02:00 PM