Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Union?

I agree completely with having drive, I have my own company now.

But to say capitalism is a better off solution for the common worker in a union is crazy, and the union never took 50% of my check out, I paid about $35 every two weeks, $100 entry fee, got free schooling but I didn't get paid for the 1 day had off every 2, weeks to go to that schooling.
I had to pay the state of MN something like a $100 to work in the state every year, but I have no idea were you got the 50%, maybe you can provide a link to back that claim.

The union is ran by it's members, if it is corrupt, then it is the members fault for letting it get that way.
Every union rep is voted in, same as the instructors at the school.

The bad in a union is obnoxiously small and way overblown compared to the benefits of a union, and non union companies are drastic horror stories of mass corruption and employee betrayal.

So say what you want, bring up the history, do what you have to, but a union is generally{mostly} better for the worker, and not just 60 years ago, even today, right now, and as corporate giants want to suck the blood out of it's employees with their capitalist agenda untill all benefits are gone, and all pay is low, the union will always be better for the worker it supports!

I say mostly because there are situations were a non union worker gets paid better in a non union shop, usually because that shop is in competition with the union guys for good workers, but better paid none the less, but it's rare to find a good non union company that really takes care of it's employees, and that usually ends with a hostile takeover and the cost analysts get a hold of the decent pay and benefits untill they are all garbage.

Unless of course he or she decides to start his or her own business...(cool)

This is CABL.com posting #169220. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSbw
Posted in reply to: Re: Union? by Hybrid Telecom.
There are 0 replies to this message