Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cable has launched a PR campaign

Well catv is saddled with major upgrade debt from all the upgrades done to compete with dish,plus incredulous pole rental rate hikes and believe me these hurt badly.Also a smart employeer is also having to train guys to work on these new services.The class I'm in now is approx $1500 for four days. New modern test equipment (otdr $15 to $20k) light meters,$5000 slms,it goes on and on.And thats for each tech, well not that grade of otdr maybe but beleive me tooling up a good tech with all the goodies would blow your mind and these things need yearly calabrations too. Programming hikes you see everybody wants a piece of the pie. Broadband brings in more money but it costs more to operate too it just never ends. Who gets hurt the most,you guessed it the installer its simple your lead tech can do an install if he has too so throw out a bone to the poor installers and see whos hungry enough to bite.Theres no easy answers thats why I preach and preach to installers that catv installs should be a stepping stone in your career learn it, do it and look for any chance to move up.Make yourself neccasary to someone preferrably someone with a lot of money. I dont have the answers I've done the best I could for myself worked like a dog for years and now after 20yrs its to late to change catv and telco work is about the only work I have ever done so I'm here till the end of my bodys ability to get up and go to work.
This is CABL.com posting #168745. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mR3R
Posted in reply to: Re: Cable has launched a PR campaign by Trey9007
There are 0 replies to this message