Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: newbie seeking honest advice

WOWA WOWA what???!?!?!?! wait a minute 300 bucks and 3 bucks an hour??? that is 100 hours of work! comeon now the industry isnt that bad unless you take forever at a job...

I mean the work you gotta love. If you dont like doing it than its not worth investing and doesnt matter how well you make. Now i'm not saying youll never see a 300 dollar check, because when i was a sub i was making a 300 dollar check but that was with like 2 jobs for the week. So everything is relevent.

Right now I figure I'm around 15-20 an hour. which is kinda low figuring but im single and independent so I dont need a ton of money. my smallest check so far was 250 dollars and that was my weekly training pay after taxes. With us still being slow meanin im lucky if i work more than 32 hours im still bringing in 700 before taxes weekly. But than again they know i work so they give me good jobs. And everyone on my team is like oh we dont want to work. This is where disapline comes into play.

And of course they are always tring to make your job more tough just like any industry see how much they can get out of you for however low pay the can. just remember there will be days you make 5 an hour the next day you could make 35.. so it varies dont get discourage by it.

Personally, I would stay away but again what do i know. I just go out have fun get treated pretty good with customers, joke laugh, do my job, get dirty, and sometimes good tips.

Dependable job? Not really flucuates all the time. Varies for company to company and area to area. I do however recommend starting out with an HSP (Home service provider) youd make less, but your employee, semi ok benefits, and you typically get paid for jobs before they get paid. And normally they will provide you training, QC (quality check) your work and then you can learn grow and become better and work for a sub and mke really decent money. BTW i work for the HSP in utah and I know how it is.

Would I choose MCDonalds over satellite industry? can I make what I'm worth there? Mcdonalds NO doesnt matter on how good you are always the same. you do the math. 8 bucks an hour times 8 is 84 dollars for the day. Now on one install 4 box if you make less than 100 thats extremely low. but that 4 box takes you 4-5 hours (INCLUDE GROUNDING AND STAYING UP TO CODE) because it still takes me a little while so thats bout where im at, but at least its up to code.

SO 64 at McDonalds or 4-5 hours making 100... of course gas and tools, but if you work for the HSP typically the consumables are paid for, ground wire, cable wire, ground straps, ground blocks, flat wire all those good things. so 100 - gas so 20 bucks? maybe? still more than McDonalds in half the time.

Tell you right now don't expect to get rich quick because it wont happen. I myself am tring to get further in the industry... Directv, dish network is the beginning there is sooo much other stuff you can do than that and alot of people fail to realize the other options, so that give me the opertunity to explore more of the satellite industry further than directv, and dish network.

The industry still pays you just gotta find your nitch.
This is CABL.com posting #168709. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mR3h
Posted in reply to: Re: newbie seeking honest advice by prewired
There are 0 replies to this message