Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: How Many??

Gentelmen,
I climbed into this business from the depths of cable bury.So with that thought in mind, can I tell you a story?I got a job offer to do satellite installations-- took it--had truck had tools had ambition.Loved it when I started,hated it a year later.The reason's I hated the job had nothing to do with the work or the sub's,it had everthing to do with the dealers,Dish and directv.
This is the only construction business I've seen or heard about that punishes those that do there job correctly,and rewards hacks.I Think hack's have their place on this earth and in the satellite business it's to drive the good installers wages into the ground.That said I took that job offer with vegasatellite's advice and well wishes,and I hope I have started a trend in my area.I hired 2 of the best,pay them top pay-$125/25 all supplies.To date I have 3 office calls for warrenty service,just about every install we get a call about how professional looking and acting,and sometimes funny our installers are,yes I said funny.My guy's are asked to pickup the work they can handle in a day not told.Makes a hell of difference in craftsmenship and referrals,and some days 1 of them even asks for extra job amagine that! If you think this sounds good,you should be there on Q'C day because I install too.You guessed it . We Q'C each others work and even the lead gets a ribbing every now and then.I say do 10 a day quality suffers,home life suffers,you suffer.God didn't put us here suffer he/she put us here to prosper. Amen (clap)
This is CABL.com posting #168706. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mR3e
Posted in reply to: How Many?? by musclehead
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: How Many?? littlebear 5/23/2006 3:29:00 PM
Re: How Many?? SATMAN/MEMPHIS 5/23/2006 9:03:00 AM
Re: How Many?? WilliamCarpenter 5/23/2006 9:02:00 AM