Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: any info on USD TV

That's scary. I don't think it would be easy to make that into a profitable rate and still give the customer good service. I would imagine there would be more "unserviceable site" situations on account of not wanting to invest much time and effort into finding out what works best for that site. As I said before, many sites will be finicky when it comes to finding the "sweet spot" for best reception. As much time as I would like to spend on site trying to find the best possible location, I would not be able to make $65 work for me. I worked as an in-house tech for $15/hr for them in their truck with their tools and materials. I spent much time at several contractor-installed sites relocating antennae and finding that "sweet spot". I'm not knocking the USD contractors, but I think the rate lends itself to limited amounts of time spent on antenna placement surveys.

If USD wants to keep sub's pay at a rate that leaves the tech on site getting $65 and lower, then they need to consider that they may be losing a few customers to poor antenna placement or "unserviceable site" situations. It might well be in their best interests to have a contractor that specializes in difficult sites to render a second opinion. Logically, such a contractor should be charging more to compensate for the longer time spent on antenna placement surveying.
This is CABL.com posting #168684. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mR2S
Posted in reply to: Re: any info on USD TV by DFW Tecs
There are 0 replies to this message