Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: $50,000 a year is NOT a good living!

Wow, I didn't quite pull in 50K last year and now that I know it's near poverty level I wonder if there's any gov't assistance that I can apply for?
I wonder if they can help pay off the Harley or cut me some slack on the new truck. Or maybe subsidize my bad habits like eating at expensive restaraunts and taking the kid to the theme parks.
Hopefully there's programs in place for people like me that are near poverty level with a lot of disposable income and don't have a clue where it goes to at the end of the month.....
But to be real for a second... I live in an area where most of the low end new homes are in the high $100,000.00's to low $200,000.00's. I see people everyday with no real visible means of support buying or renting these homes.
You can get a feel for where some folks place their priorities simply by being an observer.
I also know in this area the median income is nowhere near 50K, a realistic number is going to be closer to the 30 to 40K range.
My point is, I guess to some people 50K a year is chicken feed but I somehow manage quite well even after fuel and other work related expenses...
And yes I know I'm selling out to the man for working for what are considered low install rates and enjoying what I do and respecting who I work for... Damn, the more I think about it, I really suck!
This is CABL.com posting #168289. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRWv
Posted in reply to: Re: $50,000 a year is NOT a good living! by nspec
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: $50,000 a year is NOT a good living! jcfuzzyface47 5/19/2006 8:14:00 PM
Re: $50,000 a year is NOT a good living! bigtima 5/18/2006 8:14:00 AM